Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Music Is My Hot Hot Sex

From all the drugs the one I like more is music
From all the junks the one I need more is music
From all the boys the one I take home is music
From all the ladies the one I kiss is music


It will be a year this April 2012 that I discovered the band, The Dirty Pearls, and the second time I have posted a blog about them. I am insanely bummed and upset that I have not made it to one of their shows lately but when I head back home to NYC after graduation from U of M, I'm grabbing a few drinks and heading straight to one, that is, if they're still playing around town. I say this because I see so much potential in their music, they seem to combine everything from rebel/heavy metal rock, to punk rock, to even a hint of 80's hairband in both their music and their persona. To me, if Kiss, The New York Dolls, and Poison had a music baby they'd called it The Dirty Pearls.
Dubbing themselves as part of the "Rivington Rebels," they have taken over the LES and in the process of spreading their infectious, high-energy music which I GUARANTEE you will not get out of your head for days. Saying they're everything SEX, DRUGS, and ROCK & ROLL might be cliche, but their music is everything but that. So put some headphones on, roll down your windows in your car, disrupt your neighbors, or whatever, just turn up the treble, and listen to Tommy London, Sunny Climbs, Tommy Mokas, Doug Wright and Marty E. blow you away.

Recent Live Show from the Blender Theatre at Gramercy in NYC:


"Who's Coming Back To Who":


"New York City is a Drug":


"Static":



TUMBLR

WEBSITE

Listen. Download. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment